Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

I need a f**king drink


You know those Monday mornings when you get up and look around you and think, “What, really, is the point? What is my purpose? What little can I say I have achieved in my shallow, tiny and inconsequential existence?”
(No? That’s just me then?)…

On such days, you may now be able to take some comfort from the thought that, however pointless your conscious-hours activities, however little you’re achieving during the slow march toward certain death, you’ve NEVER committed any of your precious time to producing ANYTHING quite as pointless and intellectually-flatulent as this….

Scientists believe they have worked out a formula to calculate how "beer goggles" affect a drinker's vision.

An = number of units of alcohol consumed
S = smokiness of the room (graded from 0-10, where 0 clear air; 10 extremely smoky)
L = luminance of 'person of interest' (candelas per square metre; typically 1 pitch black; 150 as seen in normal room lighting)
Vo = Snellen visual acuity (6/6 normal; 6/12 just meets driving standard)
d = distance from 'person of interest' (metres; 0.5 to 3 metres)


No need to thank me.

1 comment:

Andre said...

The joke is on THEM, because guess what?! ...

I don't even drink!

Work MY beer-goggle forumla out FUCKERS! Then we'll see how smart you are!