Search This Blog

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Private Affairs

I deliberately chose not to mention the lovely Ruth Kelly’s suicidal decision to send her kid to private school, but I’ve just read something I never noticed in the initial press reports that has caused me spit out my Frosties:

‘Ms Kelly emphasised that her three other children were in the state system, that she intended her son to return to the state secondary sector, and that none of the cost of the private schooling would fall to the taxpayer.’

None of the cost of the private schooling would fall to the taxpayer? Oh Ruth, you do spoil us! You know, it hadn’t even occurred to us taxpayers that you would take the obscene liberty of charging us for your political hypocrisy, strangely enough. Still, now that you’ve cleared that up for me, I feel much, much better.

No comments: