Search This Blog

Monday, February 12, 2007

“Kiss My Fat Ass”

Apparently, Kate Winslet doesn’t like people implying that she’s fat and desperate to lose weight:

Actress Kate Winslet plans to sue the weekly magazine Grazia over claims she visited a diet doctor in California. The magazine claimed she had been to the Chinese Healing Institute in Santa Monica to help with neck pain, and also to lose weight. The 32-year-old Hollywood star told BBC Radio 1's Newsbeat: "I'm very upset, it's categorically untrue, it's a complete lie."

Now, I’m not actually interested in commenting upon whether or not Winslet’s body is bloated, but there’s absolutely no doubting that her ego is flabby and out of control: “Role model to young women”, indeed…

"I know I am a role model to young women, it's a role I take very very seriously. I would never want anyone to think I was a hypocrite in doing something like going to a diet doctor," she added. Winslet's agent, Sarah Keene, said the actress met the doctor "several years ago" for a "completely separate issue".

Uh huh.

Apparently the magazine in question said that, inexplicably, they’d ‘yet to hear’ from Winslet’s lawyers. Clearly Ms Winslet’s been attending the Heather Mills school of litigation…

P.S. On the other hand, HERE’S how to get pissed off about people calling you a dirty fat giffer:

http://www.mediabum.com/html/Tyra:-Kiss-My-Fat-Ass.html

No comments: