Search This Blog

Monday, April 30, 2007

Rotten core

'Apple has said that "some batteries" in its range of MacBook and MacBook Pro laptops have "performance issues".
The company has issued a software update to fix the issue and has offered to replace defective batteries.'


Now, I'm not in the business of deliberately incurring the rage of Mac enthusiasts (I've seen what a crazy bunch you can be) but I simply can't help thinking: has Apple EVER made anything that doesn't have some sort of battery/general functionality problem? As I remember it, back in the dark days when I made a living writing about the company, virtually every product ever released had some sort of fault to which it generally took Apple months to admit.
On top of which, I've yet to meet a person that hasn't had battery issues with the older generation iPods.

What the hell is going on? Terribly pretty their products may be, but really, how difficult can it be to get them to work properly?

No comments: