Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Dead Biased

From attacking the BBC to defending it in a matter of hours - who said I was fickle?

I'd just like to point out that, in the grand scheme of harmful broadcasting, faking someone's death on telly is probably SLIGHTLY more offensive than making the bloody Queen look a bit tetchy.

Wonder whether this story - like the Queen's tantrum episode - will make the lead item on the ITV news this evening?

'ITV has admitted that an Alzheimer's patient who "passes away" in the final scene of a documentary actually died three days later.
Publicity for the programme, to be screened next month, claimed it showed the final moments of Malcolm Pointon, a composer from Cambridgeshire.
ITV now says the footage was of Mr Pointon slipping into unconsciousness days earlier.
Film maker Paul Watson blamed the mistake on ITV publicity material.'

2 comments:

Ron said...

Why am I laughing at this? Because all I can think of is the dead collector in Holy Grail. "I'm not dead!" "Well, he will be soon, he's very ill."

I know, I'm terrible. But honestly, you MUST be able to see the humor.

Jo said...

You'll hate me for this, but I've never managed to see the humour in Monty Python.

(I can hear the horrified sharp intake of breath from here)....

How very UnBritish of me.